Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Returning to old haunts







In May this year (2007) I returned to Trieste after a gap of sixty-one years.

I took the opportunity to visit a well known landmark, the Piazza Goldoni steps above the tunnel and took another picture at the identical spot to the one in my Army Album.

Nita also managed to take a similar "before and after" snap in St.Mark's Square

Finally, someone kindly snapped us at the Rialto bridge and when I got home I discovered that it was the same spot at which my dear friend Eddie Patman and I had posed at so many years before.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter G said...

Great photos, Ron. I have been looking at them, and downloading all, from the ATrieste site.

Wednesday, 23 May, 2007  
Blogger Tomcann said...

Ron -
I'll bet those memories brought a lump back into the throat ? - you still look good after all this time..... and just as well turned out that man !

Thursday, 24 May, 2007  
Blogger ritsonvaljos said...

Still a poser, Ron? Now this time there was a good looking lady with you..... If only she had been with you first time round!

I'll bet it brought back some of the better memories of your Grand Tour. All the best to you both.

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT photos, and I can't imagine the emotions going through your mind as you stand at the same location as you have years ago. Thanks so much for sharing them!

Tuesday, 31 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home