Thursday, March 16, 2006

Need any help with Blogging?

For those who want to know a bit more about 'Blogging' I've just bought a heplful book entitled "Blogging for Dummies" (author Brad Hill).

Like most of the 'Dummies' series it is written in a very friendly manner and encourages you to skip the areas that you might find boring. It's 368 pages long, my copy came from WH Smith but Peter informs me that Amazon do it for £11.37.

There are 28 pages specifically on Blogger.com (that's the server that we use) but these are pretty informative. The section on getting a picture on your profile is pretty scathing so it wasn't just us that found it a problem !

There's very little on HTML coding so don't expect too much technical help but if you want to learn about the whys and wherefores of blogging in general it makes an easy read particularly if you are thinking of setting up your own blog.

I thoroughly endorse Peter's suggestion that more members should fill in their Profiles, the FAQ section covers this very fully, so, no excuses please :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ritsonvaljos said...

I am still unable to fathom out how to post a photo of myself so that it shows up when I post a comment. I have saved a couple of photos from where you post photos to the Blog, but that doesn't seem to get the photo into 'My Profile'.

Can anybody help please? Where and what is the URL that you are supposed to save this photo to? I've read through the FAQ and Blogger guide several times. The Blogger guidelines seem very jargonised.

Wednesday, 29 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home