Friday, February 03, 2006

A London Interlude The war not quite over.

In June 1945 I was rushed into hospital and almost straight onto the operating table, three days later I was back on the table again for further operations of which I do not have much memory. My first real memory was waking up feeling so ill that I hoped I was dying to get it over with. A wounded soldier from the next bed was holding my head over a dish and saying get it up you will feel better, I may have done if there had been anything to get up. ...

For the rest of this story click on the attached Comments

Frank

3 Comments:

Blogger Tomcann said...

Frank - couldn't have been you good looks down in London - must have been your dancing.....

Friday, 03 February, 2006  
Blogger Peter G said...

Frank

I very much enjoyed reading that piece. Well written end evocative of a bygone era. The time of spivs and Pashas, those awful oval cigarettes.

Friday, 03 February, 2006  
Blogger Peter G said...

Hi Audrey

I see that you now must have read the FAQ since your Comment. I got your request to join and you have been sent an invitation to do so.

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home