The War Memorials of Grasmere, Cumbria
1. Grasmere in English Lakeland, Cumbria:
“The fairest place on Earth” (Wm. Wordsworth)
It has a number of war memorials (WW1 and WW2)
[Collingwood's WW1 memorial is seen on the right]
2. St Oswald’s Parish Church, Grasmere:
Where William Wordsworth and his family attended
(Inside are WW1 and WW2 memorials)
3. The Baptistery of St Oswald’s Church, Grasmere
Grasmere’s ‘Book of Remembrance’ is found here
There is also an original WW1 battlefield cross:
Pte. William W. Peascod, 8th Bn. The Border Regt.
4. The Grasmere Church Organ and memorial plaque
The organ was donated in memory of a WW1 casualty:
Driver Nellie Taylor, 10th Motor Ambulance, V.A.D.
5. Grasmere Church War Memorial (WW1 and WW2)
Found inside St Oswald’s Parish Church, Grasmere.
“Their name liveth for evermore”